Dryer Vent Cleaning

DRYER VENT CLEANING SERVICES IN TENNESSEE

We here at Tennessee Clean Air take your health and safety seriously — that’s why we offer dryer vent cleaning services.

Every year in the U.S., there are thousands of dryer fires, and failure to clean the dryer vent is the main cause, according to the Federal Emergency Management Administration. FEMA estimates that five people die and 100 more are injured every year by dryer fires.

Cleaning the lint screen before each load is important, and while many homeowners do this religiously, the lint screen only traps 40% of the lint that comes off laundry. The other 60% ends up in your dryer vent.

When the lint enters the vent, it’s warm and moist, so when it dries, it adheres tightly to the vent’s grooves. This is why many homeowners are opting for smooth PVC vents today. Although these help combat the problem of lint collection, they still need to be periodically cleaned.

Sadly, many Tennessee homeowners are not familiar with the signs of a clogged dryer vent and may inadvertently ignore the problem, putting their homes and families in danger.

Signs of a clogged vent include:

  • A burning smell
  • Longer drying times
  • Dryer is hot to the touch

But these signs are not always easily noticeable. Your dryer is always a little warm to the touch, and a few minutes of extra drying time is easy to miss. It’s not until the signs become unmistakable that people tend to notice them — clothes that go through two or three drying cycles and remain wet, a strong burning smell permeating the home or a dryer whose exterior is as hot as a blow dryer.

Consumer Reports says you should have your dryer vent cleaned at least once per year, even if you don’t see any signs. This way, your dryer runs efficiently, and you don’t have to worry about fires starting in the vent.

HOW WE CLEAN DRYER VENTS

Some homeowners who enjoy DIY projects may attempt dryer vent cleaning on their own. While it is not generally considered a dangerous job (unless you have a gas appliance), the truth is, it’s difficult to do it properly without specialized tools and knowhow. You may have a cleaner dryer vent when you’re done, but it may not be so clean that it no longer poses a risk.

Tennessee Clean Air has a collection of tools that ensure the job is done thoroughly. These include powerful vacuums, brushes designed for cleaning dryer vents and a tool that forcefully propels the brush through the vent.

Other Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning

The threat of fire is scary, and dryer vent cleaning helps reduce the risk, but it also helps lessen the chances of carbon monoxide leaks from gas appliances. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas, and in the absence of a CO detector, is deadly.

Clogged dryer vents can cause the CO byproduct given off by gas dryers to back up into your home. It can build up over time, causing symptoms such as nausea, lethargy and even death.

Although our main priorities are preventing fire, injury and property loss, our vent cleaning services have other practical advantages too. For example, a dryer with a clogged vent will use more energy and take more time to dry clothes. This translates to wasted resources and higher energy bills.

Additionally, the extra time in the dryer wears out your clothes and linens more quickly. Keeping your dryer vent clean means your clothes will look better and last longer, and that saves money as well.

Contact the professionals at Tennessee Clean Air for dryer vent cleaning. This simple job can save lives. Call for your appointment today.

CALL US TODAY FOR EXPERT AIR DUCT CLEANING SERVICES!